BaptismChristian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior, the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to the believer’s faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is a prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord’s Supper.
Membership & TransfersThe prerequisite for church membership is salvation by grace through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Church members are those who testify to their salvation, are baptized by immersion, and are accepted into membership. All church members shall agree in belief and conduct to abide by and uphold the Constitution and By-Laws of the Church.
Membership ClassThe Membership Class is open to anyone who is interested to learn more about FCBCLA. Attendance does not obligate anyone to membership or baptism, however, those who intend to be a member or baptized must have completed the class.
Membership Class enrollment deadline: Aug 27 Nov 26Membership Class (Linked to enrollment): Sep 10
Whether you are seeking baptism or membership transfer, the process is similar:
- Attend a quarterly membership class to become familiar with FCBCLA.
- Complete an application, submit a written testimony of salvation, and obtain references from three church members.
- Meet with a church pastor or deacon.
- Give your salvation testimony in a church setting.
- Be approved by the church membership.
- Attend a membership reception.
- Be baptized and have the membership recognized by the church.
Dates to Know
|Fall 2023||Winter 2024||Spring 2024||Summer 2024|
|Application Deadline||Sep 24||Dec 31||Mar 31||Jun 23|
|Members’ Meeting||Nov 12||Feb 4||May 19||Aug 11|
|Baptism & Membership Recognition||Nov 26||Feb 25||Jun 2||Aug 25|