Please read completely before going to any links.
Effective immediately, all adults (18+ yrs.) who serve in children or youth ministries such as Sunday School, camp, VBS, childcare, Celebration, etc., in any capacity (i.e., teacher, aide, administrator, counselor, staff, childcare, etc.) must complete all FCBCLA-required background checks and documents by September 4, 2022 in order to serve.
Children & Youth Volunteer Requirements (CYVR) comply with state law AB506 and meet the expectations of ministry leaders as well. Pastoral staff and trustees have determined that the requirements are necessary for the safety and welfare of our children and youth. The added safeguards elevate the standard we hold in ministering to our children and youth.
- Any department serving children and youth may have additional requirements which must be met before a volunteer is allowed to serve.
- A volunteer may be allowed to serve as soon as requirements are met and does not need to wait until the next church year.
- A volunteer who only serves seasonally or when requested (such as for camp or childcare) must complete all requirements before the event. A volunteer who anticipates serving in children or youth ministry in the near future should consider meeting all requirements well in advance.
- New and/or updated regulations may require a volunteer to complete additional steps to comply.
- Name and email
– Provide your name and email to the head of the department you wish to serve.
- Mandated Reporter training for volunteers
– Take the self-initiated, on-line training course which provides an overview of the California Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Act.
– Forward the certificate of completion to the trustees (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Live Scan (electronic fingerprinting)
– Complete a Live Scan fingerprinting.
– Notify trustees (email@example.com) upon completion.
– A completed Live Scan from another outside organization/company cannot be accepted.
*Volunteers may make their own arrangements to have Live Scan completed by a different company at another location. Request reimbursement for the Live Scan fee through the church website: Check Request (Expense Description: Live Scan fee; Budget to Charge: 5210 Trustees; Category: Other)
If you have any questions, please contact the respective pastor overseeing the respective department.
Step 1: MANDATED REPORTER TRAINING
- Register and take the 2-hour on-line training course
- Email a copy of the certificate of completion to trustee Clifton Quan at firstname.lastname@example.org
LIVE SCAN AT FCBCLA (OPTION A)
- Sun, July 31, 12:15 pm
- Sat, Aug 20, 9:00 am
- Sun, Aug 28, 12:15 pm
Step 2: LIVE SCAN
- Select a Live Scan facility near you: https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/locations
- Beware of places that charge more than $30. The average cost is between $20-$30.
- Complete and print two (2) copies of this form.
- You MUST bring the forms and a current state-issued ID or driver’s license or passport to the selected facility and complete the Live Scan.
- Submit a reimbursement request for the Live Scan fee with the following info:
- Your mailing address
- Description: Live Scan Fee
- Budget to Charge: 5210 Trustees
- Category: Other
- If you wish to have the reimbursement deposited directly into your bank account, sign up for Direct-Deposit.